English 111 & English Fundamentals (ENF) 3, Summer 2020, on-line
Rick Dollieslager, Thomas Nelson Community College
Rachel Ray on cover of a magazine with grammatical errosr in the title
hard had and clip board

Why take college composition? To communicate professionally!

Zoom Office Hours: Mon. 7-9 pm.
Zoom Class meeting hours: Weds. 7-9 pm
Office Phone: Text me on Remind App since I won't be going to my offfice. 
Remind App texting is the best way to contact me.

Email me at dollier@tncc.edu
lady liberty
I am an Equal Opportunity Educator: I refuse to discriminate against, condone discrimination against, or participate in, or support, or tolerate discrimination against any person based on ethnicity, religion--or lack thereof, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, physical disability, learning disability, sexual identity, or sexual orientation.

Page last Updated: 14 June 2020, 4:00 p.m.

"Electronic Textbook" English 111: Class Resources and Learning Links
The course syllabus

--Week One--

Wednesday, 5/20/2020, 7:00 p.m. Zoom invitation in Canvas email.
In-class activities: 1] Introductions. 2] Accessing the class web page for homework. 3] Accessing Canvas to post the
Reading Literacy Narrative. 4] Registration and introduction to the Little Seagull Handbook/InQuizitve lessons (class set # is 225217) and the Norton Write lessons (class set # 225221) 5] Previewing To a Kill Mockingbird.

Homework assignment for Weds. 5/27

--Week Two--

Wednesday, 5/27/2020, 7:00 p.m. Zoom class
In-class activities: 1] Discuss the two surveys (results). 2] Accessing the Little Seagull Handbook/InQuizitve lessons (class set # is 225217) and beginning lessons 1 and 2 together 3] Discussion, Chaps. 1-6,
To a Kill Mockingbird.

Homework assignment for 6/3/2020:

--Week Three--

Wednesday, 6/3/2020, 7:00 p.m. Zoom class
In-class activities: 1] Discuss the two surveys (results). 2] Accessing the Little Seagull Handbook/InQuizitve lessons (class set # is 225217) and beginning lessons 1 and 2 together. 3] Breakout Rooms! I will set up two breakout rooms for small-group discussion. Discuss your replies to the chapter Critical Reading Prompts and decide who from your group will lead the discussion of which chapters by reading or summarizing your chapter reading response. Discussion, Chaps. 7-11,
To a Kill Mockingbird.

Homework assignment for 6/10/2020:

--Week Four--

Wednesday, 6/10/2020, 7:00 p.m. Zoom class
In-class activities: 1] Demo and discuss Assistive Communication and Editing Technologies (lower left box on the
Class Resources page). 2] Breakout Rooms! I will set up two breakout rooms for small-group discussion. Discuss your replies to the chapter Critical Reading Prompts and decide who from your group will lead the discussion of which chapters by reading or summarizing your chapter reading response.

Homework assignment for 6/17/2020:

--Week Five--

Wednesday, 6/17/2020, 7:00 p.m. Zoom class
In-class activities: 1] Discuss your experiences and feelings about the assistive technologies. 2]
Norton Write lessons preview, demo, register (225221), work together in Breakout Rooms. 3] Discuss your replies to the chapter Critical Reading Prompts and decide who from your group will lead the discussion of which chapters by reading or summarizing your chapter reading response.

Homework assignment for 6/24/2020:

Return to Mr. D's Index page

createiv commons placateCreative commons non-commercial placate
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.